myCADP Rules & Etiquette
Thank you for being part of myCADP.org. To ensure the
best possible experience for all members, we have established some
basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and
will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve
discussions, shared files and content that is best suited to the medium.
This is a great medium to solicit the advice of peers, benefit from
their experience, and participate in an ongoing dialogue with CADP
volunteer groups. Questions should be directed to our Web
department via the Contact Us link
on this site. In order to preserve a
climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, CADP reserves
the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for
anyone who violate these rules.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments
are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others
have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource
library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people
directly with product and service information if you believe it would
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the
lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are
subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or
illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you
would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to
know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and
legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate
lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. CADP reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the
subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your
posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in
your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before
the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too"
to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to
Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the
list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to
remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you
do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new
e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the
subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that
says "Long Message."
This site is provided as a service for the members of CADP. CADP is not
responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by
others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on
this site, whether posted by CADP or any third party; this disclaimer
includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no
event shall CADP be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential
damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or
profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of
any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or
illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material
protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By
posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or
she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received
permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party
grants CADP and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to
display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such
information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to
arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to
price fixing, a boycott of another business, or other conduct intended
to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate
an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices,
discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit
margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets;
allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or
termination of customers or suppliers.
CADP does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and
does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in
the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of CADP we will take all appropriate action.
CADP reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.